Sunday, December 3, 2023

Christmas Is Coming

one more time without our traditional Christmas trees, stockings, nativities, Christmas parties, and the other things that have served as the backdrop for our holidays of the past. The great news is that the things that really matter "travel" with us--our testimonies of Jesus Christ, our love of family and friends, including our new friends here in Arkansas, Christmas music, and the scriptures.

But I didn't want to have another Christmas without some decorations and a tree of some sort--so here it is!

Boxes ready to be mailed to family
this week!!
Our tiny tree....
The three ornaments I brought are too big for the tree so are hanging with our stockings from last year.  (Jena definitely didn't want to end up with a grocery sack like our first year in Salt Lake.)
Our sweet grandchildren


Since we have a mantel in our apartment, I decided to get these stocking holders.  We will leave them for the missionaries who follow us in this apartment.
This we added last year and was one of the items I brought to Arkansas with us.
We have started the Christmas season this year with a Christmas Concert at the University on Tuesday night which included a community sing-a-long which was fun.  Then last night, Jena and I went to the Relief Society Christmas party at the Carter's home.
Jena with her cookies and Karinna,
our newest member in the background.

Jena's cookie


I have also started with Christmas cards.  I hope if I mail them early--we can avoid a bunch being mailed to Syracuse and we can enjoy them here instead.  I love Christmas cards--both sending and receiving--even though they are definitely going out of fashion with social media options.  I love thinking about each of the people as I prepare a card to mail to them.  The layers of happy memories from a lifetime of living around amazing people--family and friends.  I hope to send Christmas cards until I am no longer here.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
LET THE CELEBRATIONS AND THE REMEMBERING COMMENCE!
JESUS CHRIST TRULY WAS BORN, LIVED AND DIED FOR US!


No comments: