Sunday, January 8, 2023

A Train For My Dad

Last Thursday, we headed out to Stansbury Park to do an oral history with mission leaders who served in the Texas Lubbock Mission.  It was a sweet experience as they talked about this place that I love as well.  As we were driving out of their neighborhood after the interview, Gary pointed out the train winding across the mountainside in front of us.

My dad loved trains so I love trains and I am lucky because I married someone who loves them too!

We had spoken about my dad as we talked with the Roses, because they knew the Hendricks who are dear friends to my parents.  It made seeing a train even more special at that time!

I love my dad and I think about him each time I write in the blog because for so many years, he was who I wrote my blog for--each week to keep him updated on my life.  It has only been in the last four or five years that I realized the value of the history that I can share with generations to come.  I hope that I have a lot of descendants that love trains like we do!

No comments: