Sunday, January 8, 2023

A Special Gift For Jena

 In reviewing the blog, I realized that I had left one very important thing out as we talked about Christmas.

As I have mentioned, Jena often makes notes for our missionaries including welcome to the zone, get well, or happy birthday notes.  These are treasured by our zone members and you can see them around the 2nd and 3rd floor.  As I prepared the slide show for our Christmas party, I realized that I hadn't taken many pictures of them so I walked around one day and took a few.


I wasn't the only one who loved Jena's notes around the office.  Elder and Sister Nelson who serve as senior service missionaries--driving up from Cedar City for two days each week--also loved them.  They gave Jena a gift with some photos of the her notes on the gift tag:
The note said:  'You have brought joy to so many in our Zone with your colorful Welcome notes
We love them, and you and thank you.
Your love of bright colors and gardens inspired the creation of this gift for you.
We hope you love snuggling init and that it will remind you of your mission here in the Salt Lake City Headquarters Mission.


A close up of the photos they used
And this was what the gift was:



Can you believe how beautiful this quilt is?  It is so darling and so amazing!  The bright colors and flowers capture the welcome notes perfectly.  It has purple minky on the back of it so it is also super soft.

I am amazed at the goodness and love and talent of our sweet missionaries.  Sister Susan and Ron Nelson will always have a special part of our heart--because of our friendship and because of this awesome gift to Jena  (and yes, I cried when she opened it.)

Elder Nelson took these two photos

Jena with Sister Nelson who made this quilt

Can we be any more blessed!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that beautiful flower garden quilt too and I love that darling Jena wrapped up so lovingly in it!