Sunday, June 7, 2020

Jena's Vision FHE and Poster

 Have I mentioned how much I love the Family Home Evening group for Jena's Provo ward?  One of the people in charge is Esther Christensen who was one of Jena's roommates last year.  Almost everyone has left BYU for the summer but they continue to meet and have these amazing Zoom family nights.  This past week was "A Zen Moment" family night.  They did yoga and other mediations and then they talked about positive things which have happened in the past week (and everyone was to have their favorite snack near by) while they listened to calming music.  Then Esther asked a series of questions to help them each develop their own vision board---what are they hoping for in their life; what represents them; what do they want to do better; what do they love.  They also were to have a journal.

I had asked Esther for the questions beforehand so that we could discuss them and help Jena come up with some clip art and other things to put on her poster.  Jena didn't need much help.  She had a good idea of what she wanted as we talked about the questions.  It was fun to talk about these things.  Jena has had a bucket list for a while because she knows that I have one.  I actually think Jena's board turned out amazing and I love it all.  However, I was stuck by the two words that she wanted me to print to be on her board to represent her values--Love and Faith.  If you know Jena, that sums it up!


Maybe you should make a vision board for your next family night!

No comments: