Sunday, June 7, 2020

"Handyman" Gary

I have already shared how Gary has been amazing at working on the repairs in our basement.  He has replaced sheet rock, repair a ceiling where there had been a leak, painted walls and baseboards, and installed baseboards in the bedrooms and closets.  He does research on the internet, gets the right tools and starts to work.  And it is all amazing.

Earlier in the week, Gary mentioned that he thought he could fix some of our screens that had holes.  That was one my list--to hire someone to come and fix our screens that had holes or bent rims, but I hadn't gotten to it yet.  I was a bit doubleful and probably wasn't very encouraging. 

Thursday when I got home, this is what I found--

I think this was the third screen that he was working on.  He watched it on youtube and then bought the right materials and in a short time, our screens were repaired including the one with a bent side panel. Apparently it is easy to replace the side panel as the screen.  I was amazed and they look perfect.

Both my parents told me when I was growing up to marry someone who can repair stuff around the house.  Gary laughed when we talked about that when we were first married.  He didn't consider himself much of a handyman, compared to his dad.  But he had been taught well and has been a big help throughout the years, both to our home and to others.  I think he even likes it a bit now that he doesn't have the demands of full-time work (but you would have to ask him.)

Glad I followed my parents' advice!

No comments: