Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Wow--I can't believe that it has been a month already

but a lot has happened and it is only going to get worse.  I watched an orientation for my graduate program yesterday.  Repeatedly the chairmen of our department said that our MSW program is not an "add-on" to our lives but it is one of the main events and we needed to start figuring out now what is going out of our lives to make room for this huge time commitment.  Of course in the following breath, he also reminded us that we needed to "self-care" and do things that bring us balance and renewal.  It is going to be an interesting 3 years.  It starts tonight for real although I have already sync to the homework calendar for my two classes so I have assignments listed through the whole term on my tablet.  That was a reality moment--homework!

Good news for the few readers of my blog:  At this point I believe that I am choosing the blog (it counts as family history) as one of the things which brings balance and renewal to me as a person so I hope to keep it up.  That is why I am trying to catch up before school begins tonight despite the other possible options for my time this afternoon.  We will see how it goes.  As usual, there will be a number of posts related to August that I will post throughout the day or later.  I have so enjoyed my mother's journals and family histories that she has written about our family that I want my children and grandchildren to also have that same option (well, too late for the journal piece but hopefully some family history to read.)

Now to catch up with August of 2014.

No comments: