Sunday, August 31, 2014

Happy Birthday, Grandma (Holly) Hall

Tosha had commented that waiting to go into labor was like someone saying to you:  "One day some time I am going to punch your face harder that you have ever been punched."  You know it is coming but you don't know what it will feel like or when it was going to happen.  Yeah--it is like that.

August 14th was hot and humid in Oklahoma City.  After spending 16 summers in Utah, I had forgotten what that humidity feels like but it came back quickly. Austen went to work and the rest of us slept in and then headed out school shopping for Jena.  Life had been busy in Utah so I was glad for the chance to take a day with Jena to get a couple of clothes for school, a new pair of shoes, and some school supplies.  I was able also to stock up on some water toys for an upcoming Ward Party that I was in charge of on August 23rd.  It was a bonus for Jena to have Jessica and Tosha along as well.  We had good luck shopping and headed up shortly after Austen got home from work.

We had gone swimming the night before and Austen and all of us (except perhaps Tosha) were excited to go again with our new water toys and balls.  Austen enjoyed having people to play games with in the pool.  He commented a couple of times that he couldn't believe how much Jessica and I got into water games (that means we are very competitive in knocking each other over to grab the ball.  Specifically for me it meant that I didn't act my age!)  Oh well.

Ducks in the pond at their apartment complex

Still smiling!

The four of us

Austen and Tosha
their "last" photo before.....

 Austen might have been surprised at us, but he can't talk.  He is crazy in the water too.  Jessica got these great pictures of him performing for us.  It was nice that Jessica and Jena had some time to get to know Austen better in person.  This was a sweet time we spent all together.  I just missed Gary, Ben, Scott and Chantel (and sweet Scarlett, too).  We will not be together often, depending on how jobs and careers go for all of our kids, so whatever moments we get, I will love!
 Jena giving a thumbs up for a great time in the pool and a comfortable chair on the side.
I had to spend a bit of time on the computer so while they swam and talked, I headed to a chair closer to the clubhouse to get some WiFi.  They actually started back while I was finishing up an email.  So I took this picture as I ran up a different way to try to catch up with them.  I was surprised that I made it to the spot before they did and in fact started walking back down their path to find them until I saw them heading around the corner:

I assumed that they had gotten stopped by a friend for conversation.  However when we joined up and I asked about the delay, Austen reported that she had had 3 contractions in that short time span and had to stop.  8:00 p.m. August 14...................Contractions started and this time there was no going back................

No comments: