Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sisters

As I mentioned, my plan was that Niki would arrive near or before his due date and we would get him and Tosha and Austen all settled back in home just in time for Jessica and Jena to arrive to cuddle and spoil him with all of us.  My plan, apparently not his!

Despite lots of contractions and some of the other signs of impending labor, his August 12 due date came and went.  That meant Wednesday afternoon Tosha went with me to pick Jessica and Jena up at the Oklahoma airport.  It was fun to see my daughters altogether in one place.

I am just an odd mom and so happy to share breakfast
with these three that I took a picture right in the middle of
eating--un  "posed" as you can tell
and sent it off to Gary.

One thing  I learned before Jessica and Jena arrived was that Jessica and Tosha exchange long handwritten letters with each other complete with pictures or little drawings across the paper.  In this day of emails, texts and Facebook, I was so impressed by that.  My mother who was a letter writer herself would be so proud of them.  And as a mom, you love to see your children care about each other.

The front of a card made by Jessica
telling Tosha and Austen how excited they
were for them to be having a little boy on the way.
It has been hanging on the fridge for awhile.
Jena has also gotten into drawing more lately.  After I was gone, she made this for Austen (who plays the guitar and has a collection of them) for his birthday.  She found a picture on the internet and then drew it from that.  I personally loved the colorful guitars and hope that I get a drawing from Jena at Christmas time (Hint, Hint!)
So, Jessica's and Tosha's wish came true, they were here before Niki arrived.  Now we all waited together (plus everyone in the world who loved them too!)

A day after her due date and a big smile on her face!



No comments: