Sunday, August 31, 2014

And then farewells........

It was hard to leave--It is like you want to be in two places at once--in Utah and in Oklahoma City.  We took pictures and tried to get Niki to be awake and happy.  But this time he just wanted to sleep. Jessica and Tosha got some darling pictures which they might share at some point.

 
The following two were from Saturday which I forgot to post:
 


And fortunately I could go home and see Scarlett.  (I told her about you, Niki, and she is excited to meet you.) Chantel was so good to send me pictures and videos while I was gone so that I could see her grow and change.  How great it is that you can send messages and pictures in an instant.

And some group shots to mark the occasion:

Jessica, Uncle Scott, and Jena 
Austen as photographer

Scott as photographer

We gave our final hugs and goodbyes and see you laters and off we went.  We made a very brief stop in Amarillo to visit my  sisters and share pictures of Scarlett and Niki and then on to New Mexico for Monday night and home to Utah on Tuesday. 

That was the longest Gary and I have been separated in about 24 years and I don't think we want to do that again, but it was right for this time and this trip and this experience.  Thanks to Tosha and Austen for being such great hosts and hello and good bye again, sweet Niki until we see you again.

No comments: