Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Waiting Game


One of the first things that happened after I arrived was on Monday, Austen was told that he needed to work the 2-mid-night shifts for work instead of days. Neither of them like that schedule so it was nice I was there to help Tosha be entertained.

We shopped and cleaned and talked and Tosha cooked (I kept telling her I was letting her cook now so that she would let me cook later after the baby arrived.  She is a great cook.).  We watched movies and went swimming in their pool.
Food court at a mall we went to
We finally found a crib that Tosha loved.
This had been an 8th month search as the first one
she found--a black one--had been discontinued in the middle
of the hunt. This is a vintage grey which had just been
put out on display for the first time the weekend before
I arrived.  Tosha was so excited (and Austen was SO relieved!)
He and I put it together when it arrived a week later.

And Tosha had contractions.........several an hour here and there and then they would stop.  She was very discouraged when she went to her doctor's appointment on Wednesday to discover she was not even dilated to a 1 yet and no thinning...and her doctor was going out of town for the entire next week.  They discussed inducing her on August 18th--the day after we were scheduled to leave which was very discouraging.  It was a lot for one appointment six days before your due date.

So we went back home and did the same things over again.  One thing we did was get out Tosha's sewing machine and figured out how to use it (she had gotten for Christmas but didn't have a table until I brought out an old dining table for them to use).


Tosha loves to sew like my mom
Here is her cheesy grin for the photo
She is making fabric hearts for a mobile for his room.

No baby, so we got some material and figure
out how to make a car seat canopy with measurements
from Scott and Chantel.
This is Chinese dragon material which we are very proud of and
it matches their red and gray car seat perfectly.
 They don't currently have internet which was nice on one hand and a problem on the other hand.  I would have to go down to their clubhouse if I wanted to do some work on the computer.  That worked fine except when there were people who wanted to chat while I wanted to work.  It truly helped me have a break from stuff while I was there.  I still had my phone of course but it isn't set up with unlimited data so I was trying to not use it too much.  I got really behind in Facebook so if something major happened in your lives which you posted on Facebook you better let me know in person.  :)

And we cleaned and organized and folded baby clothes and watched early episodes of "House" and

WAITED!
 
 




No comments: