Sunday, July 27, 2014

Week One of Scarlett's life

Scott and Chantel had made a decision that they were not going to flood Facebook with pictures of Scarlett everyday.  I can understand their feelings and certainly respect their decision but I certainly love seeing pictures of her especially on days when I can't see her.  As I mentioned in a prior post, Chantel was so good to send me a picture of her on the first Wednesday of her life when I hadn't seen her.  And again on Friday, she sent me another set of pictures as I didn't see her then.  Like everyone has said, it is amazing to be the grandmother.  I love to see and be with Scarlett and I also love seeing Scott and Chantel with her as well.  And all of it makes me very excited for Niki and Tosha and Austen to start their experiences together.  I really have missed having Tosha and Austen around over the past week.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend the day with Chantel and Scarlett.  It was a quiet and peaceful day just talking and watching Scarlett.  For the first time, I got to see her wide awake for about 20 minutes in a row and that was just amazing.  We took her on a walk and also on her first trip to Wal-Mart.  She wasn't impressed with either event as she slept through them but it was a good first experience out and about with her.

Like Scott and Chantel, I don't plan to put pictures of Scarlett every post but here are a few from this past week.  After all, you all are just getting acquainted with her, too.




1 comment:

The Neerings Family said...

So precious! Congrats to all! And to you Grandma Hall!