Sunday, August 31, 2014

We hit the floor running

and I don't think we have stopped until today.  Thank heavens for Sundays!

We got back in the car on Wednesday to head to Salt Lake for an orthodontist appointment for Jena and then hurried back again for Special Olympics Basketball and then YW.  Thursday was UDSF Lagoon Day.  I was there at 10:445 to hand out tickets and spend until 3 doing that and talking with our new director about his first 3 weeks on the job.

Jessica, Elessia, Gary and Jena arrived in the afternoon and we had a great day and evening at Lagoon.  Jena is getting braver about rides and I even rode some new ones this time.  I am not sure why I didn't get any pictures of Jessica and Elessia although they left earlier than we did.


 I know we are at Lagoon and this isn't a ride.  In Pioneer Village they have a barn with a train collection.  Gary and I both love model trains (as does Austen I found out) and hope to build something like this in our backyard (when we are retired with nothing else to do).

Gary rode on the Cliff hanger for the first time.  He couldn't convince anyone else to try it.  He got soaked!  It circles around and the water falls all over you from the foundations shooting off.

It was a beautiful day at Lagoon with overcast skies and around 75 degrees.  After a lot of rain storms we were glad for a great day...now if the weather would hold for a few more days.

No comments: