Sunday, November 6, 2022

The Perfect Funeral Gathering

I am not sure that is really a thing--our idea of perfect clearly is different from another person's.  Even within families, people disagree about details or what would be appropriate or not appropriate for these types of gatherings.  But for me, the funeral and the gatherings afterwards and the next day were the perfect ways to say goodbye to my dad.  Some things we had thought of and planned for and others things just fell into place--I wouldn't change those two days for anything  (Well, I wish Ben and the few other family members who were missing could have been there.  I wish that we had ordered less food for the family dinner.  And it would have been nice if the weather had been a bit warmer at Cadillac Ranch......but nevertheless, it was perfect.)

Highlights--each will have its own post

Thursday, October 6

The funeral

The burial

The family Dinner and Evening Gathering

Friday, October 7      Celebrating Amarillo Highlights as a family

Palo Duro Canyon

The Big Texan Steakhouse

Cadillac Ranch

What a wonderful time it was to gather together!  Karla, her daughter and son-in-law, and three of her grandchildren, all eight children were there and the spouses; 28 of the 33 grandchildren plus their spouses/significant others; many great grandchildren.  I think the total was in the 80s of family members.


Photo taken at the family dinner

Oh how I love all of these people!  So glad to have them in our family.


No comments: