Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Mission Devotional- May 9, 2022

Bright and early Monday morning, Gary and I spoke as part of our Mission Devotional in the beautiful and historic Joseph Smith Memorial Building--the same place we had our Zone Devotional a few weeks ago.

The second Monday of each month has been missionaries sharing about themselves, their service, and including "Hear Him" experiences.  I think I have shared that our mission theme is "Hear Him."  I had previously wrote (in my head) a possible talk centered around times when I didn't listen at first.  I sometimes make up talks in my head when I have trouble sleeping or spend a lot of time in the car.  I quite like the whole talk so when I was first asked to speak, I assumed that I would polish it up and I would be good to go.  However, it was not the plan.  Instead my talk became something very different than that.  I will post it in the next post.  It is an unusual style of talk for me.  I was happy with it in the end and Gary liked it which is an important thing for me.

Here are the missionaries who also spoke with us:

Gary and I, Sister Julia Raines (Training Zone),
Sister Kathy and Elder John Drasso (zone leaders in the Headquarters Support zone)

And, of course, they wanted a picture which included Jena.

Then, it was back to work and what a week of things it was.....so busy with good things and hard things.

More about that stuff later!  At least the good stuff....


No comments: