Sunday, September 6, 2020

Grandmothering and Some Aunting Happening...

 ...while Jessica and Elessia took a little get-away to Park City.  Jena and I went and stayed at their house, because Carter is still using oxygen when she sleeps and also I think kids just sleep better in their own beds.

We played, watched movies, and read lots and lots of books (Anyone want to hear-  Chicka Chicka Boom).  We had a dance party or two with Alexa providing the music.  Dinosaur Stomp is still a favorite for Alex and Carter. 

On Saturday we headed to our house for the afternoon and evening so that they could also hang out with Grandpa and "Buncle" Ben.

Here is a collection of photos I took over the weekend.

At our house---

Liam on the swing

Carter also loves the swing--not sure why she stuck out her tongue?
Alex was not interested in a selfie with Grandma--
This is actually one of my favorite photos this month--Carter talking to the dogs.  Notice how her shirt is the same color as the dogs' tongues which are hanging out.
Zander getting pushed by Buncle Ben---doesn't get better than that for Zander who is a huge fan of Ben.
Can't remember why Alex was "flashing her attitude" at me, but it made me laugh (behind my hand, of course.)
Zander wanted a picture with the sand flowing out of the funnel.
Now Alex and Ben were visiting with the dogs on the stairs...
So, since three of the kids had headed to the stairs with Ben, I thought maybe I could get a cute shot of the four of them with Ben.

That was a "no."  After about 10 photos, I didn't get one even seeing all of their faces.  Oh, well.
Back at their house--Alex and Carter thought it was funny to both be in the porta crib where Carter is sleeping at the moment because of using O2 at night.  They were playing pee-a-boo with me and would both kneel down and pop up at the same time and laugh and laugh.  I am not sure how they could time it so well without talking to each other, but it was pretty funny and went on for several moments.
Playing on their swing--four kids in the actual photo, but not looking at me...
...and then Liam figured out I was taking a photo, he was out of there!
I was so glad to spend four days with them, but I was tired by the time I got home.  I hadn't planned well, however, because I came home to a packed calendar of events..............

Liam comment of the weekend:  "Grandma, I love you every day (pause) and in every way!"  I loved it, but was amazed that he could come up with a clever phrase like that.  Perhaps Jessica and Elessia say that to him.  I will have to ask them (or maybe I won't and just think he is very clever--like all of my grandchildren.)

I remember----I need a nap!!!

1 comment:

Gemie said...

Wow!!! That is one busy household!!!