Sunday, August 26, 2012

Jena's summer of fun keeps on going......

First we headed to Clearfield High to pick up her first HIGH SCHOOL schedule.  She is so excited and after having to wait in line to correct her schedule she is officially ready to go.  Theatre, seminary, science, history, and choir plus her functional skills classes.  She thinks it is a great schedule.

It is not all fun of course....we then headed down to her orthodontist appointment where they put another band and new wires in her mouth plus spent about 20 minutes trying to band one final tooth which still wouldn't cooperate with them.  She doesn't complain but it didn't look fun.

It was okay because we left Salt Lake and drove straight to Pineview Dam for an afternoon and evening of boating and tubing and eating for the MiaMaids and Teachers.  Jena had a great time.  It was her first motorboat ride since she was less than two.  She went off on the boat and the MiaMaid leaders were asking me if I was okay with Jena trying the tube (they had a three person tube) if the boat went slow.  I said I wasn't sure since I couldn't go with her (a broken foot does interrupt some fun).  Then I thought it might not matter since she is already out on the boat.  I decided that I guess I will just have to trust Jena's judgement if she wants to go or not.  When the boat got back, Bro. Robbins announced that Jena had taken two rides on the tube. And Jena had a huge happy smile on her face.  Sometimes it's just better not to ask the mom. 

Here is Jena coming into shore on her third tube ride.  Thanks to Bro. Robbins for sharing his boat and doing an awesome job and to her Young Women's leaders.  All of these things happened on Tuesday.


The next morning Jena and I got up early (6:00) which for Gary is a more normal time to wake up than my normal summer time....and headed to the Utah Open.  It was being held in Kaysville about 15 minutes away.  The Utah Open donates some of the money raised to Utah Special Olympics so Jena and I were volunteers for the day.  We were assigned as "Hole in One" spotters for the 15th hole.  If someone gets an hole in one at that hole they won a free cars.  No luck on Wednesday!!  We had a beautiful spot under some trees and enjoyed our day.  We did a few other tasks as well and now own nice blue Utah Open shirts and white caps.  Gary wants to go with us next year.

Hanging out at the 15th hole

Jena showing her brand new Clearfield High ID card
I have had my phone for over 3 years and I am just learning
that it has different effects (such as above) and figured
out how to send pictures from my phone to
my computer.
Jena then went bowling on Thursday with Gary, had a birthday party/swim party for a friend on Friday afternoon, had friends over (Club 21) for swimming at our house with a hot dog BBQ, and swimming on Saturday at 7:20 a.m. and then she and I volunteered for "Shop for a Cause" at Macy's in the evening (again for Special Olympics).

She might be glad to go to school.  Her life might slow down a bit.  I think mine might!!

This week promises to be another week of fun and special times!!!!  Watch for details next week.

No comments: