Friday, August 31, 2012

Checked

And quick as that, another item was completed on my list.  I had set a goal to attend the Lubbock Texas Temple, Hong Kong China Temple, and the Columbia River Temple because each of these temples were built in places that I had lived after I had lived there. 

I attended the Lubbock Temple a number of years ago with some of my siblings to celebrate my dad's birthday.  He and his wife were serving as temple workers there at the time so that was so great.  No digital pictures of that event.

In March of this year, I attended a session at the Hong Kong Temple.



 

On Thursday, I completed this goal by attending a session at the Columbia River Temple located in Richland, Washington.  Sweet!!!





The Columbia River Temple is one of the smaller temples so we had to have appointments although our session was quite small.  It was so amazing to be there and think about all of the wonderful people I knew in the Tricities area.  They certainly deserved this temple in their midst.

As a historical note, the Lubbock Temple and the Columbia River Temple were announced at the same General Conference.  I think I cried the entire session.  I never thought a temple would ever be built in these places.  Dallas Temple and Seattle Temple were an unexpected blessings when they were built being close to these places of my youth.  These smaller temples are a miracle where ever they are built.

(Lubbock was our stake center when I was a teenager and living in Amarillo, Texas.)

So my goal is completed...unless of course they build a temple in Amarillo, West Jordan, Springfield MO or Syracuse.  Then perhaps I will have to add to this goal.

For now...........Checked!

1 comment:

Valerie Ipson said...

I guess that means I have Columbia River and Brigham City temples left on my list. I'll have to wait awhile for a temple in Israel.