Tuesday, August 14, 2012

And the fun times keep rolling...

or hopping in my case.

After living my whole life without breaking a bone, I fell on Friday and managed to break one.  I walked out of my house into the garage and missed a step.  I went flyng on to the hood of my car and slipped to the floor.  No major damage (except to my phone which fell into three pieces. Fortunately I put it together after climbing after the piece on the floor and it worked. ) I called Gary in his office to come and help me off the garage floor.  I thought I had twisted my foot and headed off shopping with Ben for pictures for his new apartment.  After a couple of hours, my foot started hurting much worse so I headed home to stick it in ice.  When that didn't help that much, we went to the doctor and sure enough I had broken off a piece of bone in my foot.  I am now in a walking cast for 4-6 weeks...not the way I watned to spend the last weeks of summer---no swimming, no bowling, etc.

1 comment:

Thriving, not just surviving! said...

Did this very thing when Craig was small. Shockingly painful for such a tiny break!
Andrea