Sunday, February 28, 2021

Mission, ROOTS Tech, and Grandchildren

Due to the worldwide Pandemic, Roots Tech, an annual family history conference, went completely online.  We have off and on attended the conferences which are held in Salt Lake.  We loved them but felt like we couldn't justify attending every year if we hadn't put into practice or action the things we learned at the last one.  This year it was free as well and our mission encouraged us to be involved and get others involved.  Although we didn't get to watch quite as much as I was hoping to, it was quite amazing and I still have classes on my playlist which I can watch for the next 11 months.  People's lives are amazing and fascinating!  The last Roots Tech had around 30,000 people and the Salt Palace was packed especially for the youth and young adult events.  This one had almost 1/2 million people from 200 countries and territories register and join it at some point.  Maybe your Facebook feed included posts about it.

One challenge they gave us was to write about our experiences during the pandemic as in the future there will likely be other pandemics and how we managed might help others down the line.  They suggested that you focus on:  how you lived, who you loved, and what you learned! I have written in this blog about some of that, but I think I will write something specifically addressing those topics--you should too, if you were alive during the Covid-19 Pandemic.

Saturday after a number of hours of Roots Tech watching and housework, I decided to update my grandchildren pictures on the fridge and the grandchildren plaque.

Jessica made this plague for us for our anniversary and used it to announce that baby 3 was on the way. (However, if you remember Baby 3 brought baby 4 with her, but they had put a bunny sticker over Baby B on the ultrasound so we wouldn't know until the gender reveal on Mother's Day.)  They had put an "extra" clothespin "just in case" they said.  Since then, we have added 2 more in addition to the twin.  With Ezri's arrival, I had to reconfigure the whole arrangement and finally did that yesterday.

And new pictures on the refrigerator--I love seeing their faces everyday! (I know, we are the only people in America who still hang a paper calendar on our refrigerator...at least that is what it says on Facebook.) 
And mission work continues well and keeps us busy..........
 

1 comment:

Robynn said...

My grands are on my fridge too. I have a sign that says “cousins make the best friends”. I love how much they love each other.