Sunday, January 6, 2019

"Wrapping Up the Week Before Christmas"

We got this cute gift on our porch during the week before Christmas and I think it really summed up the week.  Our porch was filled with sweet gifts this Christmas season and we are so thankful for our friends and neighbors (and my cute Primary class boys) who left these gifts for us.

I was able to get Ava's quilt back from the quilter, but didn't get the binding on it yet.  I did finish Cooper's quilt so I could take it to him and since he will be two in April, it was about time.




On Friday evening, a friend from BYU had invited Jena, Sara, Megan, and Emily to go see the lights at Temple Square with her brother and her.  We took the girls from the north and Megan, Tina and Joseph rode the train in and we met up at the south visitor's center.  They spend about an hour walking around and then we met up in City Creek and headed home.  Jena said they had a great time.





Megan, Sara, Tina, Emily, Jena, and Joseph

I walked around for a bit and then finished some Christmas shopping.  It was actually a moderate night as far as the weather so it was very pleasant to be outside.  It reminded me of last year when we spend the night across the street from Temple Square, although that night was windy and bitter cold.

It was a nice way to spend some time right before Christmas.

Saturday found Jena and I ushering for two shows at Centerpoint.  We stayed in-between and watched "Elf" which was darling.


Shows, concerts, parties, Christmas lights, caroling, and service--the recipe for a great holiday season.  I hope that yours was awesome as well....and Christmas had not even arrived yet.

No comments: