Sunday, January 6, 2019

The beginnings of December

My phone beeped as I was walking into my office and there was this darling photo of a sleeping Ava.  Tosha and Jessica have been so good to send photos of their kids to me and I love it so much.  One of my co-workers is expecting her first baby so I showed it to her and said--this is what your mother expects.  She said, "My mom lives a couple of blocks away.  I am hoping I get her out of my house long enough to send her a photo."  That would be fun, too.

Part of Tosha's Christmas present, but it is taller than we expected so they will have to wait until one of us brings a car between Utah and Seattle.  For the month of December it guarded all of our presents for the grandchildren (which I didn't have to hide at Grandma Hall's like I did when the kids were little.)
I was able to get the blocks made and started trying different arrangements for Ava's quilt.  Tosha likes the chevron pattern so I found a picture online and then figured out how to do it.  I love the fabrics in this quilt which include a fabric that was in Scarlett's quilt (our first granddaughter), some music fabrics, ice cream which Tosha loves, polka dots for me, and a paisley for my mother. There are other connections as well but those are the highlights.


The first block I sewed together

I also took a minute on my Friday off on November 30 to get the Little Library ready for Christmas.  It was a big hit this year.  Almost all of the children's books were taken and only about four of the adult books were still in when I took them out yesterday.  It made me happy to think about families reading new and old Christmas stories during the Christmas season.  I might have to stock up on some more for next year.



December 1st--  BYU ADAPTIVE SHOW CHOIR Performance

We headed down to Provo to attend Jena's first concert of the season.  This Adaptive Show Choir was started by a BYU student this year and is totally run by BYU students.  Jena loves their weekly practices and loved performing.  Each choir member has a BYU student assigned to dance and sing with.  It was so fun and Jena loves her BYU blue t-shirt.


Here she comes






This is Jena's choir buddy.  She is getting ready to leave on a mission to Europe to speak German.  That is Jena's report anyway.
Here is Jena with her roommates in the Wonderwood Program...Megan, Emily, Sara and Jena

 The girls with Olivia and Vicki with Wonderwood.
 Jena standing in front of a mural of the mountains east of campus including the "Y"
It was a great event and we were so grateful for the wonderful experiences Jena is having with all of these students.

(I was such a slacker as a student.  I didn't get involved in any extra projects like this.  These BYU students and the others that volunteer in the Wonderwood program are amazing and light years ahead of where I was at at 18-25 years old.)

No comments: