Thursday, May 19, 2016

Why I don't cook too often......

One activity that has really declined with 1-fewer kids in the house and 2- graduate school- is my dinner planning and cooking skills.  As since my "bar" as a cook was already very low, that is a scary thought for the three people who still live in the house with me.  I think I have only about 10 regular meals I cook any more and those don't happen that often. Sometimes it boggles my mind to think that I use to cook meals every day for 7 people including the shopping and planning.  How did I do that because I can't seem to make it happen too much any more?

However I had the chance to make dinner for a friend and her family after a surgery which always means good food for the home crowd too.  After it was all done and delivered this was my kitchen--I pointed out to Gary that this is the reason I don't cook real meals.  It makes too big of a mess.


It was worth it--now and then!  Chicken Dressing Casserole, steamed vegetables, green salad, and cupcakes with ice cream for dessert.

I still really don't understand people who say that they love cooking!  I totally missed out on that gene or talent and I really hope that there is no cooking required in the eternities.

No comments: