Monday, May 23, 2016

saying goodbye isn't fun.......

Monday morning, we are up and heading out the door.

Last family photo.....

 Final hugs before hopping in the car for the journey to the airport.

We were all very brave in the car.  No tears or anything because we didn't want to distress Niki. However he won my heart one more time as I leaned over to him in his car seat and kissed him goodbye on the head.  He immediately blew me a kiss and gave me the sweetest smile.  He doesn't know about goodbyes and he won't really remember me the next time I see him in person, but he knows just what I needed as I left him once again. (And to keep the record straight there were tears from me at least as I headed into the airport. Leaving is not fun when distances are so far.)

View in the airport.
 One last sweet reminder as Tosha had tucked in a cookie for me to take on the plane with me.

Juliet (of Romeo and Juliet by W. Shakespeare) said: “Parting is such sweet sorrow ...."  The sweetness comes from the being together and the experiences, conversations, and silliness shared. Otherwise you would be happy to leave.  But truly it is a sorrow too because it is hard to leave those you love behind.

So saying goodbye is really not fun...so instead, God be with you til we meet again, Tosha, Austen, and Niki.  May it be soon and for more happy memories to build and share.


No comments: