Sunday, May 29, 2016

Church History Museum and Grandpa and Nana

Finally a free Tuesday where I could go down and see Jena at the Church History Museum and we could take a tour of the new remodeled building.  We invited Grandpa and Nana Giberson to join us. Gary and I spent a few hours at the Family History Library next door working on Family History stuff (well, I did read some homework for about an hour of the time to get ready for class that night.)

Then we headed over to the Lion House to meet Dad and Karla for some lunch.

Flowers in bloom along the way........


Valerie texted me about her upcoming trip to Utah, so I texted this (poor) selfie of the two of us at lunch in the Lion House.
 We headed back to the Museum...
Outdoor flag for the gift shop where Jena serves
 Heading in----

Cutest Young Church Service missionary in the building (all my pictures blurred a bit as she kept moving if she saw me take a picture of her.  I was trying to catch her without her knowing it.)
We then took her on a tour of the building.  Dad and Karla joined us for a bit, but then Karla started feeling sick so they headed home early.  It was fun to have share a bit of Jena's mission with them.
An display about the Kirtland Temple
This picture is not as impactful as seeing it in real life.  I walked around the corner and the exhibit was right there in 3 D.  It is an actual table set as if it were the Last Supper.  All pictures in this exhibit centered on the Savior and His Life.   It was a sweet moment.
This is one that Gary pointed out.  It is called "70 times 70" and has a mark for how many times that would be to forgive someone an offense.

President Monson's picture with Jena
Heading home for the day......

No comments: