Sunday, May 29, 2016

Back to America.....

And "real life"----

I still have a beautiful spot to walk and it's green (of course that won't last all summer like in Okinawa).

 Here is the brand new lake in Syracuse now complete with boats houses
The only downside of my Jensen Park walk is the increasing number of houses which are being built on the south end of my traveling path.  This area is called "Stillwater".  If you know Syracuse's reputation about mosquitoes, you might want to be cautious  about buying a lot there.


School started and we have two classes this summer from 5:15 to 10:30....and we are staying to 10:30 every night because that is one of our most important class of all of them.

Scarlett came and played for a few hours.  It was very exciting to see her again.  It was a great day to be outside so we jumped and swung on the swings.

Thursday, Jena mentioned that she had a performance the following day.  Since we hadn't seen in written flyers or email newsletter information (they are fairly good at keeping in touch), I wasn't sure but reached out to her teachers and got a confirmation.  Friday morning I headed off to Vista for Jena's choir concert.  It was a Tribute to the Military and it was very fun.  Of course Jena being one of the shorter ones stood near the back so I could barely see her.

Afterwards I was going through the crowd to find her but right when I got close, I saw these two friends reaching her and congratulating her with words, five five and hugs.  Kaitlyn and Hyatt are great kids and good friends.

I asked Jena if she wanted to take a selfie with me.  Hyatt jumped in and said that he knew how to do it so I handed him the phone thinking he was going to take a picture of Jena and I.  This was much better--he took a selfie of all 4 of us.

Added Blake and Amanda Curtis for this picture.  Blake was also in the choir.  These guys are all in the same Special Olympics team (although Jena is taking a bit of break during her mission.)
 
Cultural was the theme of the day as we picked up Grandma Hall and headed down to the Hale Theatre to see "Peter and the Starcatcher."  It wasn't my favorite play although it was one of those that did have some funny lines and you had to pay close attention to catch them all.

Here the three of them are waiting for the crowds to thin before heading down the stairs at the end of the play.

Jena and the poster play
We attended the 4:00 play so drove to Bountiful to the Sizzler for dinner afterwards.  Meal was great and I decided to have a mini-ice cream cone to finish it off.  It is hard to see but I couldn't separate the ice cream cones so I ended up with four mini-cones and a tiny bit of ice cream.
I have been home about 4 days and jet lag isn't too bad.  There was no time to take a nap or go to bed early so I took whatever sleep I could get.

Now for the weekend................... 

No comments: