Sunday, May 17, 2015

Thursday as promised---

Actually I realize that I am even dividing up Thursday into two different posts--one the facts and the other the "musings".

The facts:

Thursday my sister flew into Salt Lake International Airport to attend to an LDS writers Conference in Provo.  I offered to pick her and her friend up and take them down to avoid them needed to rent a car and also because it was the only time that Valerie and I could spend together during her busy few days.

It turned out that Tamara, her friend, had arranged to borrow a car from her brother, so we headed to South Jordan and dropped her off, and then headed to Midvale to visit very briefly with my dad and Karla, before driving down to Provo.

I love Provo and it was fun to spend some time after dropping my sister off at her hotel to enjoy some of the local spots which have some many memories for me.

Sat in the parking lot and read a
small book that my sister had given
me "Whirlwinds of Motherhood".

I love this temple
for the years I believed it would be there,
the 4 years I walked its grounds as a student hoping to be inside
the day when I was inside for the first time (3/3/78)
and the many times since then when I have had some many sweet experiences.
This will always be "my" temple!

Of course, the "Y' on the mountain
I then headed down to the Pioneer Book Store where my sister and her friend were having their book signing prior to the conference.

Valerie and her book- "Ideal High"
I missed visiting with one of my friends who I hoped to see but she was at work in Salt Lake that day.  It still was a very nice and memorable day and I was happy that I had played taxi for Valerie and got some time in Provo.

No comments: