Sunday, May 10, 2015

Some Sweet Moments on a Rainy Wednesday....May 6th

It has finally been rainy around for the past week which is great as we need the rain around here.  I love the rain and this time we shared it with Scarlett.  During one rainy part of Wednesday Gary and I took Scarlett out on our deck and let her feel the rain and the tiny pieces of hail.

Rain chain in full force


pea size hail

Even when there was a loud clap of thunder she just giggled.  It was fun on our covered deck, holding her wrapped snug in a blanket and listening and watching the rain---to-do lists are highly over rated compared to moments like this.  I miss Niki at moments like this and look forward to times we can be together and share the wonders of the world, too.

Luckily we did have some clear moments in the weather as Scarlett likes the swing.


 
And inside she was all about standing so she enjoyed pushing this shopping cart around until she ran into the pillow.  Here she is checking out why her cart got stuck.

 
 
She is liking more interactions with the dogs.  I had her on our bed and the dogs were laying down so she could pet them.  Jasper started to lick her and I happened to catch her "new" look on camera--the lips!
 
Due to the weather Jena missed her last day of golf with the CHS team but she enjoyed some extra time with Scarlett.
 
Wednesday evening, the dogs started barking like crazy--a sure sign that someone was at the door.  In fact there were about 15 "someones"--the teacher's quorum from our ward with this cute flower for me for Mother's day.  There was about 10-12 of them huddled together on my porch.  Most of them had been Webelos with Gary years ago.  They are all sweet kids and I wished that I had taken a picture of them.  Here is the flower.

I posted this picture on Facebook and commented that I must have gotten it because I was close to the "60" years old mark.  Often the YW and YM do things for the "older" women and men in our ward.  However it turns out that they made them for their mothers and for the wives of the men that serve in the Bishopric.

Sweet happenings on a rainy Wednesday in May--life is good!

No comments: