Sunday, May 31, 2015

The countdown until graduation begins in earnest....

This has been a busy week---umm, I seem to say that every week.  I will have to learn some other words for "busy", I guess.  It has been a good busy however, although in between things I haven't felt great.  I ended the week with a headache and stomach bug.  Glad it only last a couple of days.  Mortal life--you got to love it!

We got stopped by the train on the way to school one morning
so I texted Gary this picture.  We both love trains and brag about it
when we get stopped by one.  By the time we got home
this picture was Gary's new home screen on his computer.
I did walk a few days this week.  It has been since last fall that I have walked down at Jensen Pond.  It is amazing how something I love to do gets disrupted (by two months of kidney stone drama) and it has taken me so long to get it back in the schedule.  I have great hopes to get back to walking 5 days a week when I no longer have to get up at 6 to get Jena off to high school---only one more day of a 6:00 a.m.  high school alarm.



Greenery along the path at Jensen Pond
Apparently the horse thinks the grass is greener
on the other side of the fence, too.
 

 
Things have changed along the Jensen Pond trail which I have always taken.  Some of the land along one side of the park has been sold and it is now a new subdivision. Yuck--it takes away some of the beautiful sight lines to the Great Salt Lake and also adds more traffic, noises, and people along my peaceful walk.  I think they call that stuff "progress" but I don't like it.


We have still had rain most of the week until Friday.  Out my kitchen window I noticed what I thought was a clod of dirt...until later when it had moved on its own.


That can't be comfortable with the shell
hanging down like that.  It was a fairly big snail.
One of the things which made this week so busy is that Jena is in her last play at Clearfield High.  Their production class is doing "Tartuffe" by Moliere.  She is a servant named Rose.  She loves it.  They had productions on Wednesday night, Thursday and Saturday night and one more tomorrow night. 


They had to dress up for school on opening night so here is Jena wearing a dress to school. Not her favorite, but that's what you do for opening night.  I haven't gotten a picture of her in her costume yet but will do that tomorrow.  They have had late night practices and half of a Saturday and Jena loves it all.  Last night the cast went to Red Robin after their performance and that was fun for her as well.

They have been having parties and treats all week in different classes as often happens at the end of school.  They had hot dogs in seminary which is really going the extra mile.

Friday was a big night as she headed to Senior Cotillion with Kate Meyer and a couple of other girls.

Here is her dressed and ready to go.
We found this dress in one shopping trip at the
second store.  That is a win for the home team.
Neither of us are big shoppers.

Brooke, Kate, Jena and Maddi
on the way to the dance
Kate texted me that during the dance they did some shout outs to different people and they called Jena out to the middle and gave her a shout out and applause.  Kate said Jena loved it although we haven't gotten her to say much about it to us.  She also danced the last dance in the middle with Nick and a few other seniors.  We do know she has had a fun time with her CHS family.  She will miss these seniors, many who have been in school with her since kindergarten.


She got home from the dance around 11:00 and got in her pjs and joined us in the TV room while we finished a show.  She fell asleep immediately.  It had been a busy week and she still had a busy Saturday ahead.

In addition to Jena's play and Red Robin dinner, Gary, Jena and I attended a funeral for Aunt Glenna on Saturday morning.  She just wanted a gravesite services with an "open mic".  It was very sweet and tender, just like Aunt Glenna.  Her children all shared feelings and some of the grandchildren, great grandchildren and some of her daughter-in-laws.

Then they all headed over to Gary's mom's house for pizza and salad (I headed home as I wasn't quite eating stuff like that yet.)  Glenna was Mom Hall's sister and her last sibling.  Uncle Carl passed away at Christmas time so the children felt great comfort in the fact that they were together again.  Gary and I discussed that we are lucky to be the oldest because we are not likely to be the last of our siblings alive.  These are always special but hard moments of life which reminds how grateful we are that families are eternal.


No comments: