Sunday, May 3, 2015

And the party continued over the next few weeks.....

I didn't take pictures every time we were together but we fit some fun into those two weeks.  I was really glad that I had gotten as organized as possible with my school work so that wasn't a big worry for me.  I did have a major group presentation while they were in town and a couple of other smaller tasks to do but it worked fine.  After all they did have to spend time with his side of the family.

Tosha, Austen, Niki, and Chantel and Scarlett and I went to a fast trip down to Wheeler Farm.  It was short and sweet but we managed to see some animals and have a spring picnic on the grass.


 
Posing on the truck---the crazy things we do for a picture!
Cool truck though!




 Niki loves to feel things and would reach out and rub things as we went around the farm.  He loved the wood on the cages.  Tosha was like that as well as a little child.  Austen reminded me that she is still like that.  If you ever take her shopping especially for clothes, she touches everything and shopping takes a bit of time! Fun to see that similarity between Niki and Tosha at a young age.
at the sheep pen
Niki loved the bubbles.  Scarlett just want to grab the whole container!
 A cousin moment!
Somehow I didn't get any pictures of Tosha on this outing.  It was a beautiful day and I look forward to other trips to Wheeler Farm with them as they grow older.

We had a very fun treat on Monday evening as we got to watch Niki and Scarlett without their parents there.  The four of them headed off to the gym together while we got the babies.  It was a bit tricky while I was trying to feed Niki with Scarlett on my lap but it worked.


Then we headed down to our game room and just played with them.  It was great to have Jena and Ben there as well.  They all got flown around the room a few times by Uncle Ben which they both loved.  They made music together and alternating between ignoring each other or babbling away.



 Niki loves to bounce and Uncle Ben is very good at it.

Scarlett is very mobile so sometimes she would head over to whoever had Niki to get some attention from them.  With three of us (and Grandpa Hall slipping in from time to time) and only two of them, we were able to keep them both happy and busy. 

A simple evening but an awesome memory.  It was fun to also sit back and watch Ben and Jena enjoy these sweet babies who love their uncle and aunt so much.  Babies are pretty awesome.  Thanks for letting us watch them!

It was a bonus later in the week when I got to watch Scarlett on Wednesday as usual--
On a walk in the neighborhood
Then Thursday evening I got to watch Niki while Tosha and Austen headed out for a "real" date.  Jena was home then and she joined us for our walk around the neighborhood.  I think Niki likes us.  He loved going in the stroller, too.

The next big event was Saturday evening when we met at the Pizza Factory for the Hall/Giberson Family Baby Shower for Jessica.  Unfortunately I forgot my phone/camera in the busyness of the day and I have no pictures.  She got a lot of cute things including some darling clothes despite everyone saying how hard it is to find cute clothes for boys.

Sunday night we were finally able to play Telestrations (without Scott who had to work and Chantel and Scarlett who were out of town helping a friend).  This is a game that almost everyone in our family enjoys and we had a great time.

Niki just loved playing with toys.
I was the lucky one that got to drive them to the airport on Tuesday.  I picked them up in Mountain Green and shared their good byes to his grandparents.  It is hard to say goodbye to someone who is moving across the world to Japan.  I appreciated even more how supportive and excited our own parents were for us as we did the same over 28 years ago.  We are so sad to be apart but happy for this new adventure in their lives.

Getting Niki ready to go.


Me Judy and Tosha
Austen's family will miss them as much as we do.

Austen's Grams Judy

 At the airport.  Now days there is no time for long good byes!  Probably a good thing.

And they are off---well after a 3 hour delay due to a engine problem.  That is always great when you are traveling with a baby.  Niki did well and they made it back safely to Oklahoma City.

We were so glad that they could come and be with us for a short time before they leave.  We love them and are so excited for this new adventures.  I can't wait to see Niki playing on the beach with the ocean.  I hope he loves oceans as much as I do.

No comments: