Sunday, May 3, 2015

Aprils this and thats...

 
Spring came early this year because of a very mild winter (think drought) and unseasonable warm temps.
 

Scarlett continues to come on Wednesdays which we all love.  She made a visit to Great-grandma Hall and played in her closet of mirrors.  She thought that was amazing.
Jena has started taking random pictures of the sky as well when she is riding in the car.  Not sure where she got that habit from???

 
We had a special treat on Conference weekend as my brother Rick and his wife Linda and their four kids all joined us for dinner and game playing at my dad's house in Midvale.  We got to meet Anna's boyfriend, Dan, who join right into gaming playing--an important skills when you are with the Gibersons.
 
Karla/Nana, Dad/Grandpa, Duncan, Dan, Anna, Linda, Thad, Ben (behind Thad), Rick, Tana, and Jena
Gary is in the back staying out of the picture.
 The next morning (Easter Sunday) we woke up to find that our Neighborhood Easter Bunny had come again.  This time he left a carrot which he must have nibbled on before dropping it on our porch.  This is such a fun tradition in our neighborhood.  We have agreed not to try to find out who it is.
Conference was great as usual.  I love the break it brings to life as we try to arrange to be home and listen together twice a year.  It is so awesome.
 Jena took this picture of me trimming the tulle around the bottom of the dress.  We had someone do the hemming of the material levels but she convinced me that it wasn't worth the money to have her cut the tulle.  It was an afternoon project with four big layers of tulle, but I survived.


 Prom day also fell on Meggan Sparrow's birthday.  Jena wanted to help her celebrate so in the middle of the day we took over some flowers to say Happy 18th birthday.  Meggan has been a great friend to Jena since they moved into our ward.  We love her and her family.

This picture I actually posted on April 15th on Facebook--snow on the ground.  I was glad that I didn't have to go anywhere in it as there were lots of traffic problems that morning.  My plants also seemed to do okay except for some of the tulips.


I got a message from my dear friend, Julie Copfer, that they would be in Ogden to bury their mother who had recently passed away in St. George.  She invited me to meet them at the graveside which I was so honored to do. She came with four of her five children.  These are kids which I learned to love in Texas and I haven't seen them for many years.  I couldn't believe how great it was to see them as well as my friend, Julie. As children, they probably have no understanding how connected we as their moms' friends feel about them.  We see them through their mother's eyes and we love them.  The Copfers lived near us in Plano and Tim was one of Scott's closest friends.  They have grown up to be great adults.

Mike, Julie, Jill, Carol, and Tim
(her husband Dennis was home with their son, Jeff, who doesn't travel well)
Friends (and their families) add such a richness to our lives.  Thanks for including me at this special time, Julie.  Until next time!

For the historical record, this is my desk where I try to keep up with my blog and everything else in my life that requires the computer, paper or files.  It is built into a closet so that I can shut the doors and hid the mess that is usually on it.


Another "this and that's" from April is that I finished my 2nd semester of my social work program. Only 7 more to go.  We have a two week break and then our summer term starts.  However we will have one a research/stats class this time so only have to attend class from 5:15 to 7:45 each Tuesday.  That is much better than 10:30 pm.  It seems like part time takes forever but I can't imagine carrying a full time load in the middle of my current life so it will work.

I kept making a list in my mind of all of the things that I am going to get done while I am off for a break.  I have realized that my list is much to long to accomplish in two weeks.  Hopefully, I will get the baby quilt done for Liam at very least!  I have made a bit of progress on it.  I am using a pattern called "Baby Bricks".

No comments: