Friday, March 5, 2010

Working..at home, Church, and LDS Family Services.

In 1999, I wrote a personal mission statement (I had heard some talks and read some things that made it seem like a good idea.  It was actually a very interesting thing to do and I would recommend it to anyone.)  Anyway, I recently reread it.  I spoke of my passion for families and the desire to help all children have a family to care and love them.  It is interesting to look back on the 10+ years since I wrote that and to see the many opportunities that I have been able to be a part of that process of families.

First of course is my own family..which many times seems to get lost in the shuffle of life and busyiness, but I love them and am so grateful for the actions and sacrifices which were made by others in our behalf so that we can be together.


Second, I am grateful for the opportunities in Church to be involved in helping families--whether serving in YW, Sunday School, Relief Society and now in Primary, all of which I have served in the last 10 years.  Teaching children their part of being and strengthing their familes is a sweet blessing.  Here is a picture of the great women that I serve with.  (again, pictures are really for my record not for you)  Me, Kristy, Debbie (the President), and Amy.




Third, working at LDS Family Services is a great priviledge.  It is not something I wanted to do (having a job of any kind was really never a life goal...in fact, I actually have a love -hate relationship with the whole thing.  But that is a story for another day.).  However, I do love the opportunity I have to work with birth parents, their families, and adoptive families.  I also work with awesome people that you would all want to know and love.  Here we are in a group shot, so now you can know who I work with.
From left to right:  Monica, Julie (caseworkers), Britanna (intern), James, our manager, Lisa (caseworker), Rhonda (amazing volunteer), Jana, Katie (secretary), and me (I smiled in the first picture, but a couple of other people had their eyes closed or something in the first picture so I am posting this one.  You all know I smile:)  ).

No comments: