Saturday, March 20, 2010

Guess where we are...and no, it is not Spain!




Any guesses?

Jessica posted on facebook that her status (whatever that is)...was Washington--Forks included!
(For those "twilight" illiterate people out there, that is a reference to the release on DVD
of the movie "New Moon).


(That is Rachel, Jessica's friend, who came with us.)

Anyone figure it out yet.......


Could be AZ..but it is not quite..

We are enjoying a quick trip to St. George.  On Wednesday afternoon, I found out that one of my couples had been selected to be placed with a baby on Saturday in St. George.  Usually we don't travel outside of the Wasatch front with our couples, but I decided it might be fun to have a little get-away.  Jena, Jessica, and Rachel joined me.  We headed down on Friday afternoon and will head back tomorrow and stop at Zions-Kolob Canyon on the way. 

Currently, I am watching the BYU game (it is tied...scary!) and the rest of them just left to go to the famous "In and Out" Burger.  They will eat and then bring me back a famous hamburger. 

Jessica was excited because she and Rachel had planned to go to the mid-night release of the movie "New Moon" in Layton.  They decided to try the St. George Wal-Mart and had a great time.  It was a smaller crowd and they had games and prizes.  Jessica ended up winning one of the games and got a free copy of the movie.  She was excited about that.


I worked this morning (everything went well) and then I came home to find them watching "Twilight"  Jena's choice, they claimed.  After I rounded them uup, we ate and then headed to the outlet mall.  Jena decided to pose as our shopper.

After that, we ended up to find the Sand Hallow State Park or something like that, we didn't find that park but we visited Quail Lake and took some pictures and then to Silver "somewhere".  There was a sign there that said it was the only place in the US where silver was found in sandstone.  It had a lot of rock walls left from old buildings, an old Church and some other old looking stuff.  It was so beatiful with the red cliffs and the rock walls.


In the background is an old Catholic Church.  This was just a rock building.  I  think it said that it was built in 1901...a new paint job on the door however.


One of the rock walls...we got some fun pictures around this wall, but I am sure you don't want to see all of them.  It was beautiful weather and it was fun to be outside in it. 

Both of my friends that I hoped to visit haven't been home.  One just sent me an e-mail from her phone that she is on her way home from California so we will get together...after the game.


No comments: