Sunday, December 18, 2022

Reunion Prep

Back in May when we thought we were leaving our mission in September--we decided that it would be great for our kids to come together for a little holiday and reunion.  We decided that the Sunday through Wednesday before Thanksgiving would work great and then Scott and Tosha and their families could spend the actual holiday with their in-laws.

I had BIG plans for all the things I thought we needed to do during those days--trying to cram in all of the fun possible between our two missions.  And then life happened--our mission was extended--all of the other things I have blogged about happened--and my list got shorter and simpler. I didn't have time to make Christmas pillowcases for each pillow or make Christmas ornaments or...you know all of the crazy ideas moms/grandmothers think have to happen when EVERYONE is going to be together.

And you know what--it turned out great, just the way it was.  No one seemed to miss the things that I had thought about but didn't do.  We had fun, ate food, played games, went on hikes, and have an early Thanksgiving Dinner--no turkey just ham which most of my children prefer anyway.  The best was watching the cousins interact and have fun together.  There were so many sweet moments of connecting.

I did do two things---get matching pjs for the grandkids----

black for the boys and red for the girls

And arranged for a family photo---here are the hats we got for the grandkids--More about that later
navy, grey, and white

Hopefully, I will remember this lesson--less is okay--together is what matters!

No comments: