Sunday, July 3, 2022

"Who Led Us Out Of Egypt...."

 (Warning--this is just a random thought that if I wrote in a journal I would put it there, but I don't.  Please feel free to skip.)

So many times in reading the Old Testament this year, I am struck by this phrase "who led us out of Egypt."   Frequently the prophets are reminding the people of this miracle and they are to remember their God who led them.  Even in the Book of Mormon the people are reminded that the people of Israel were led out of Egypt and to always remember that.

A photo of a picture hanging in the Church Office Building

What do I need to always remember that God did for me?  As I have been pondering this, first I thought about the pioneers crossing the plains to settle the Salt Lake Valley.  It is July afterall when we think about them and their sacrifices for God.  I then thought about personal ways that God has guided me.  Certainly I do not want to forget those things.  But then I realized that there is one thing only that I need to always remember--and I am reminded each week in the Sacrament prayer--"..eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of the Son, and always remember him...."  The Old Testament times was prior to the mortal life of Jesus, but for us, His Atonement and Resurrection are the "main event"  what we must always remember as we walk through this mortal life.

It is not hard when you are serving as a missionary with His name on your missionary tag--but I hope that I never forget to remember.....

No comments: