Sunday, July 3, 2022

Happy 67th Birthday to Me!!

Like I mentioned last year, I really hadn't made plans for life after leaving on a mission at 65.  My 66 year was spent serving.  We like it so much that we are hoping to do it again in 2023...so it appears that much of my 67th year will be spent as a missionary....perfect!

I had a wonderful birthday. Lots of birthday wishes from missionaries, family and friends!  I had a former member of the Tabernacle Choir (Randy Gailey) sing me happy birthday.  A missionary in the Library Zone sang her special version of Happy Birthday:  "This is your birthday song.  It is not long." The end.  That was fun.

The other Zone leaders in the Church History Library wanted to go out to dinner so we headed down to the Blue Lemon.  This was our first time with the Burrows and it was fun to get to know them better.
The view down State Street--it keeps going and going!

Jena
Burrows, Hildbrand, us with Gary taking the pictures

Then we headed home quickly and hopped in the car to head to Provo to share birthday pie with Ben.
Very surprisingly, Marie Callendar's was out of cherry pie so we had to do chocolate cream and a sour blueberry instead.
And Ben played a game with us---Color Brain.  It was the first time he has played a game with us in months especially a new game he was not familiar with.  He did fine.  It was a good birthday gift for me!


Then because we were in Provo--which is where I was born--I convinced Gary to drive to the Utah Valley Hospital for a photo.  The hospital has been completely redone but it is still there nonetheless..and so am I.
It was a great birthday!
 

No comments: