Sunday, July 10, 2022

Friday Craziness and Fun Followed By Saturday Night Celebrations

Up early to head to Syracuse to watch the kids for a couple of hours.  Then headed back, did a bit of stuff on the computer for the US/Canada team, and then dropped Jena off at the library as I headed down to Provo to take Ben to a doctor's appointment, then we had Mexican food that we ate in the lobby at the State Hospital, then headed home to make some brownies and finish cleaning the house, SO that we could play games with the Boushleys--some missionary friends who are finishing their mission next week.  They are from AZ so we hope to keep in touch with them over the rest of our lives, but it is still sad to say goodbye.

Boushleys and Jena in our kitchen
(to get the best light)

These are Gary's feet.  Right before Boushleys arrived, I suggested to Gary that he should put on socks because his toenails needed to be clipped.  He put on some of my fuzzy socks and I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE for a couple of hours. (He was disappointed, of course, because he was expecting a reaction immediately.)  I was reading a book in the living room before they arrived and he even put his feet on my lap.  I rubbed his feet but kept reading my book and didn't even wonder about the texture.  They all got a big laugh when I did finally notice long into the evening.  Silly Gary!!

No pictures from Saturday night but it was a great night as well.  Friends from Hong Kong-- Rostya and Simon Gordon-Smith--had a 50th anniversary party at the home of Sandy and Andrew Lai in Mapleton. Imagine seeing old friends from over 30 years ago all sitting in the same room at the same time--so many memories and so many feelings as we talked and talked together.  Some of those that were there were:  The Gordon-Smiths, the Lais (of course), Dan and Eileen Bradford, Michelle and Bruce Cummings, Maxine and Julian Rasmussen, Kris, Steve and Mary Hendryx, Robin and Tim Strafford, Lynelle and Wylie Chenn, Lillian and Loren Barker and  Kim and Bryan(?) Wade.  There were others that I can't remember plus people I didn't know having been part of Hong Kong before or after we lived there.  Our lives have crisscrossed over the years.  Some I had not seen since we left Hong Kong, but how great that we can connect like this and still feel those connections with each other.  We called it the "Golden Age of Hong Kong" in the late 1980s and early 1990s because we have kept connected to each other for all of these years.  I didn't know when I moved to Hong Kong that one of the treasures I would receive is a group of amazing friends forever!

That is definitely a theme of my life--old friends and new friends.  So glad we have eternity to be connected!

No comments: