Sunday, July 17, 2022

Temple Square and Ice Cream with The Russells

One last visit with Russells before they headed back to Washington on Thursday morning.  We met up in the City Creek mall late Wednesday afternoon.  I loved the glass ceiling and the sky beyond it.

Grandpa and Cooper as we headed first to Temple Square
Watching the construction cranes at work

These pictures are taken through the glass of the wall around the construction site.  It is amazing to get a peek at the work being done to firm up the foundation.
The Tabernacle--Niki and Cooper loved the big organ.  Tosha got some good pictures in the balcony.
Trying to get a selfie---I am determined to make sure that my grandkids have pictures with Gary and I.  We did not do that with our kids and it makes me sad.
Niki used my phone for some selfies of his own---this is just a sample of the ten or so photos he took.  Future wedding video photos???


At the Family History Library--while Gary, Tosha and Austen explored family history, the kids made a picture frame.


Then to the Church History Museum----

Back to City Creek for ice cream and water fountain play--




Main Street on the inside 2nd floor walk-way
They did a nice job with windows in this mall---
When we left, we headed down to Midvale to visit with my dad and on our way home from his house, we saw this rainbow.  Of course, it looked much better in "real life" but I sent it to Tosha to show Cooper.  He loves rainbows.

It is hard to say goodbye.  As we parted in the mall on Wednesday, I teared up but was determined to not look back because I didn't want them to see me sad. I don't think I realized exactly what it was like for my mom as we came and went.  I knew she was happy to see us but didn't really think about the sadness when we left.  The joy and the price of loving!!!

See you later, alligator!!!

 

No comments: