Sunday, July 17, 2022

Friends and Chinese Food

So much happened last week that it wasn't until I was looking in my calendar that I realized that I forgot to note that on Friday evening, we went to dinner with Cathie and Wayne Olmstead.  They were the dorm parents of Felt Hall my second year at BYU.  Our paths have crossed a few times over the years and again when I discovered a "Jake Olmstead" working at the Church History Library.  I reached out to him about his "possible" parents and it was the right Jake Olmstead.   How wonderful it was to spend time with them--first eating Chinese food as both Wayne and Gary had served their missions in Hong Kong about 5 years apart and then at their home in Saratoga Springs with a great view of Utah Lake.  Mostly Cathie and I talked until 11:00 pm....so many stories and insights to share.

The only picture I took on the way to their house with
Utah Lake spreading out in the distance.  I didn't even take a
better photo from their deck.

When I left, I thought this must be how it will be in Heaven--when we return and get to catch up with family and friends already there.  I love hearing stories from people I love and I know I come from a family of storytellers--and then all my friends and their families--the first billion years of eternity must be spent in catching up!  I have been so blessed with amazing friends (and family)!  Thanks, Cathie and Wayne, for being part of that group!

No comments: