Sunday, October 3, 2021

September 22, 2022

I opened my personal email a few weeks ago (that is what happens when you get so behind in the blog--you forget things) and there was the official email notifying us that our release date had been changed from April to September.  It got me off-guard since I hadn't heard that Gary had completed the formal request or that it had been approved by our mission president.  Apparently all of them including our stake president and the mission department had agreed and there it was--I think it is a great date to finish a mission!  That means our actual hump date is very soon--11 1/2 months into a 23 month mission.  I am so glad.  I remember in April when we approached the year mark until our original release, I felt so sad to think we only had a year left.  I think that this is a much better day for us.  I had always wanted to serve a 2 year mission (which translates for senior missionaries as 23 months due to tax laws.) but not knowing about Gary's mom's health, my dad's or Ben's or where we would serve, we had put 18 months to be cautious.  Serving in Salt Lake allows us to serve for 23 months and still feel available to Ben and Dad although in a limited way. of course.

And I have already suggested to Gary that our first trip could be to Las Vegas to watch the BYU vs Notre Dame game there on October 8, 2022.  We will see....

No comments: