Sunday, October 31, 2021

"Old" Friend

This is a bit out of order and still a developing story, but I FOUND my old friend, Lorna, from Sunset/Clearfield days.  She and her first husband were some of our dear friends from our Sunset Ward who built a house next to our first house in Clearfield--that was back in 1979-1980 time frame.  

The story:

Last Sunday, our Relief Society passed out a photo sheet of all of the sisters in our branch.

Later that evening, I was casually glancing through in no particular order to see if I knew the names of the sisters.  Then I saw a face I recognized and saw that her name was Lorna.  I showed it to Gary and he also immediately recognized her face, although neither of us remembered her married name.  (She and her first husband had divorced and she had remarried years ago, but we had lost track of her and didn't remember her last name.)

I was sure that I hadn't seen her in our branch, so we looked her up on the missionary data base.  She and her husband are full-time missionaries but they are living in their home in Sandy, Utah and attending Church there to be near grandchildren.  They both serve in the missionary department, doing psychological support.  The data base had a home email so I emailed her that night.

The next day, she emailed back and we have exchanged some phone messages as we try to find a time we both are free to talk.  We are hoping to have lunch next time they have meetings at the COB.

Isn't that amazing?  Someone we knew and loved is serving in our same mission.  I haven't talked to her since right after we moved back to Utah in 1998. It will be so exciting when we finally see each other again after all of these years.  Her kids were "ours" during those years before we had our own kids.  Lori, Mandy, and Scott--I can't wait to see them again as well.  We moved into the ward right at the time that Mandy was born.

Like I said, the good..and the hard.. intertwined in our lives in a state of heavenly balance!


No comments: