Sunday, May 30, 2021

More Chips with Goodbyes

Jena finished her service with the Clearfield Seminary on Tuesday.  She has loved being there.  The staff and students have been great with her and she has been an asset to them.  In addition to doing cleaning tasks between classes as part of Covid-19 measures, she helped Sister Daniels (a member of our stake in Syracuse) who is the administrative assistant with office tasks.  Also, she attended the Adaptive seminary class and helped the students with reading and other tasks.  She frequently shared scriptures for Devotionals and she took that assignment very serious.  The principal, Sister Daniels, and the teachers were all sad to see her go and wished her luck with her next assignment.




She has special handshakes with Sister Daniels and Brother Gardner which ended in "sassy!"  They called her "Sister Hall with Sass!"
Friday was her last day at the Centerville Distribution Center.  This was an entirely different setting where she had to wear a dress and worked with mostly older women stocking shelves, steaming dresses, and greeting customers.  Every time she left a shift, everyone wanted to say goodbye to her.  I told her I felt like I was walking with a princess each time we left.  We brought cinnamon rolls and eclairs to share, but they provided hot dogs and (you guessed it) chips to give Jena a proper goodbye.


Jena with Colleen Watts---she was the manager.
Holly with Jena--one of the people who worked there who Jena became close with.
They loved her, too, and she loved them.

Sister Daniels commented to me a few weeks ago: "You know one of the things that I love about having Jena around.  She reminds me to slow down.  I am always running from task to task and sometimes, I need to slow down and notice."  I said, "I know, the story of my life!"  Jena does remind us to slow down in life and notice others.  She makes people happy because she really loves them and notices  them.

We are grateful for these wonderful spots where Jena was able to serve for the first part of her mission.  We know that her Heavenly Father is proud of her and her desire to serve Him and His Church and to love people everywhere.

I am proud to be her mom.

No comments: