Sunday, May 9, 2021

Happy Mother's Day!

Can you believe I have actually catching up with the blog?  It was an all-day event but I don't expect anyone to read it all in a day.  Just glance through the titles and stop at ones that seem of interest to you.

Today is Mother's Day.  It is the 26th year without my own mom and the first year without Gary's mom--a transition of sorts--a day of remembering.  I got to text or talk with all of my kids--some on Facetime.  Tosha and Austen sent some cookies which were at our front door when we came home last night.

Yesterday I got to spend time with Liam, Zander and Ezri while Jessica and Elessia and the twins were in Magna for dance pictures and working on packing more at their old house.

Ezri
As grandmas know, that time is a great gift as well!

Jena sang me "Peace In Christ" with her guitar tonight for my special Mother's Day surprise and I loved it.  I do love the song and I certainly love this guitar player.

My sister-in-law sent this picture of the grave marker decorated in Mother's day flowers.  


And a sweet friend sent this picture she had found of my in-laws at a Stake camp years ago:

Those are my in-laws in the front right corner with Holly sitting in Wayne's lap.  It was fun to share this with my sister-in-laws.

And today, I thought about my sister, Valerie, who is experiencing another first-- Mother's day without her husband, Lance.  I am sure her children and grandchildren surrounded her with love today but I am sure it was a tender time for her as well.  Valerie had to speak on the first Mother's Day after our mom died in a new ward in Israel.  Valerie can do hard things!

And one more happening for the day--My nephew got engaged to his long time girl friend, Kayla.  We are excited to make her an official part of the family.

She is beautiful and smart.  She will be starting law school in the fall in North Carolina at the same place Scotty will be starting medical school.  They are planning a winter wedding in Dallas area.  We haven't met her but his parents are pleased with his choice.

All in all, a good Mother's Day!

And write something about your mother today.

No comments: