Sunday, May 3, 2020

Have You Touched this Spiky Fish?

Liam showed his mom a puzzle piece of a puffer fish and she told him that I had touched one before.  He didn't believe her so they called me on Facetime and we got to talk about how I touched one when I was scuba diving.


When we were scuba diving in the Philippines, we found puffer fish from time to time in the water.  If you touch them, they "puffed up" to protect themselves.  Liam wanted to know if it hurt to touch them, but I told him that we touched them very lightly so that we didn't hurt them or ourselves.  I told them that we would push them back and forth between us in the water like the fish was a ball. Liam would then turn to Jessica and repeat what I said.

I think he was impressed that I have touched one, although I don't think he actually knows what scuba diving means.  That will be a future discussion.
Image result for pufferfish
Photo from the internet
Like the one I touched
I love Facetime!

No comments: