Sunday, May 3, 2020

Changing garden

How quickly the plants and gardens have changed outside my windows---

The green of the lilac bushes are now bursting with purple flowers....
out my west bay window in the bedroom

And my tulips have quickly lost their blooms--faster than usual it seemed like, but we did have some hot days this past week.

Now the purple blooms of a plant I can't remember it's name are everywhere, towering over the tulip leaves.
view between the slats of the east bay window
in our bedroom.
Some close up views--


And another hint of purple as these buds prepare to bloom in a couple of days--


 
To counterpoint all of the purple flowers--the view out our dining room window and my funny bush with little puffs of yellow.

 I love how these bushes and bulbs bloom each spring in a certain order without much work from me.  However the summer/fall plants require a bit more work from me as most of them are annuals.  Still waiting for after Mother's day as that seems to be the best date for me although everywhere in my neighborhood people have put in flowers.  It seems if I do--a freeze will certainly arrive.

Enjoy your garden this week!

No comments: