Sunday, May 24, 2020

Change-up On My Morning Walks

As part of getting ready for our mission, I have decided to increase my morning walks from 30 to 60 minutes a day on three of the days.  This week I started that by going to 45 minutes on three days of the week.  I still am walking around Jensen Pond but I headed north rather than doing the usual loop.


As a result, I got this view of a duck family, dad, mom, and babies who all took off as I got close for this photo.
Same park but some different sights and angles as I headed along the path which follows the Bluff Road............
I loved these views better before there were houses along every edge of the park. URGGG!


But, then I remembered that where our house is now was once a farm of the Bennett family. For a hundred years, they farmed the field, kids caught snakes and played hide-n-seek in the rows of corn, and neighbors along the roads enjoyed the beauty of the changing seasons as the crops grew.  I heard one of those neighbors say once that she doesn't really miss the farm in the backyard, because she loves the people that are there instead.  I don't know if that is entirely true, but I felt her love for us and the rest of our friends here when she said it.  And before the houses, before the farms, it was desert lands, home to mice, snakes, skunks, and other wildlife.  The earth is home to many and we as people need to be wise on how it is used.  Grateful that our city thought to add Jensen Pond Park and trails to our city.  It is a welcome break and a touch of nature to walk there in the morning.

No comments: