Sunday, February 8, 2015

Winter "Spring" day in Salt Lake

I attended a conference on Thursday which was held in the Salt Lake City Library (Issues in Attachment).  During the breaks I headed outside to enjoy the beautiful weather.
City street
The "Old"
East view of the Salt Lake Courthouse

The "New"
This is the view of the mountains beyond the Library wall
You can see the glass of the building on the left reflecting
the wall and the mountains in the background.

Another fun thing at the library was that they had a photo display from mainland China.  Photos from different areas were hung up and down in their gallery.  Although I had only been to one spot actually shown in the photos, many were classic China scenes which reminded me of trips into China and southeast Asia.



The Children's Library also had a display of Mercer Meyer but I decided to go see that on Friday on the second day of the conference.  Unfortunately I developed a migraine during the night and missed the entire second day (I was disappointed but as I only had two migraines the entire year last year, I can't really complain.  It has been about 6 months since my last one.) I might try to go down and check it out if I have some time next time I am in Salt Lake.  I and my kids loved his books.

The conference was very interesting and I was glad that I was able to be there for one day.

I like cities.  I like walking around and seeing things and being with people.  It was a nice day.

No comments: