Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Note

While I was at school on Tuesday night, Jena wrote Gary this cute note.  It was so sweet that I posted it on Face book to share.  However I wanted to include it in our family blog as well. 

When you adopt a child with Down syndrome or any significant syndromes, you must consider the "worse case" situation and feel confident in your decision based on that. (Side note:  Actually in Jena's case, once it became clear she belongs to us, it was so clear that there seemed no longer to be a choice at all.)  So we weren't sure that Jena would ever read or write.  How lucky we are that she does.

And she and Gary did go to Artic Circle where she had a cookie dough milkshake.

(Side note: This format for notes is the one that I usually use.  I will put a little wave line after the person's name then draw a heart and sign it "Me" or "Mom" or put the heart and then a "U".  One early morning when Scott was sick during the night, he wrote a note for his car pool and hung it on our front door saying he wouldn't need a ride because he was sick and he signed it the same way with a drawn heart.  I loved it.  His defense was that was the way he thought all notes were signed.  This was before blogs and digital cameras or I would definitely have a picture of that note. Lucky Scott!)

1 comment:

Gemie said...

Great blogging Judy!!!