Sunday, February 15, 2015

"God's Breeze"

As I mentioned I am going to do my internship next year at DCFS working in the post-adoption services area although I will have opportunities to do a variety of things.  I was talking to my professor who does all of her research in the area of adoption how she got involved professionally with adoption--she was adopted as an infant so I wondered if that was her reason.

She responded, "It was really one of those "God's breezes".  During my PhD program at the University of Utah, the state of Utah needed some research done in adoption and my professor involved me and I knew it was the right place for me."  I loved that phrase "God's breeze".  Not a violent storm (or trial) that pushes you, but a quiet nudge in a direction that perhaps you haven't considered.  I have felt that too.

No comments: