Sunday, February 15, 2015

Beautiful Tuesday

and actually all of this week.  The weather continues to be blue skies and awesome clouds with mild temps.  My tulips and other spring flowers are starting to pop out of the ground even though I am warning them it is much too early and a frost will certainly come.

Tuesday was a great day as Jena and I headed up to Snowbasin for her ski lesson and we got some great pictures along the way.

It is striking how little snow there is at Snowbasin.  Without the ability to manufacture snow, I doubt there would be any skiing at all up there.  As it is, there might just be a couple of more weeks when skiing will even be open.  These mild days are killing the snow.
Flags at the entrance

This is a small field where they introduce
first concepts of skis and snowboard.
They have helped mother nature a bit
with the snow.
Jena enjoyed skiing and did Becker which is a much steeper and long run than she has done this season so far.  She did great according to her teacher and they had fun singing Mary Poppins songs on the ski lifts.


We had to get gas so we stopped at a station in Morgan Green where Austen is from so we sent this picture to him to see if he could guess where we were.  He did!

On the way home the skies were amazing with some many types of clouds.  There is a spot going down Hwy. 193 to the west that I try to always notice the view.  It is a quirky thing I have.  There are certain spots that I try to not miss enjoying as I am driving or walking or whatever--each time.  No matter my mood or where I am going.  They serve to lift my spirit, cause me to slow down, or to remind myself how awesome life is.  Spots like the Provo Temple when trying through Utah county, two hilltops in Salt Lake where I once saw an amazing reflection of a sunset across the valley, you get the idea--they are all over the place.  This spot is one and so this time I asked Jena to take some pictures as we were driving down that specific spot--



Antelope Island
I took this picture to the southwest
while stopped at a stop light.
Hard to see in the picture but
you can see the island and the lake plus the sky.
At all times of the day, it is beautiful.

I once mentioned this spot in a lesson and several other women commented that they knew exactly the spot I meant because they too try to enjoy it each time.  That was awesome to know.

I loved the layers of clouds to the south--rows and rows of white, grey or in-between types of clouds.

The picture taking didn't end after we got home.  I took a couple of pictures when I got to school at the Utah State University-Kaysville campus later that evening.

Our building--where I am most Tuesday nights
 View to the southwest--the side of the building is on the right.
Sharing these pictures of clouds reminded me a statement I heard once from a LDS artist.  She was encouraging us to have art in our homes which uplifts and touches us.  Then she said, "Above the piles and clutter of life, a piece of art can still be seen and remind of important things."

I think that is what God did too.  He filled the skies and the earth and the oceans with amazing and beautiful things so that above the piles and clutter of life, we can look up (and around and down) and be renewed.  It's a good habit to have.  I love clouds!

1 comment:

Gemie said...

Great job posting Judy! I love Jena's Preference Pictures. She is a lucky young lady to have such wonderful parents.