Sunday, October 12, 2014

Umm...

I didn't realize how behind I am in the blog.  That can be discouraging but I guess I just need to plow forward and see what I can do today to catch up.  The last post was the ending of our fun trip to Texas for the football games.

We got back and certainly hit the floor running as they say:

We got back Tuesday afternoon in time to start some laundry and head off to school for me and dinner and bowling (Gary) and work (Jena).

Then UDSF stuff just started rolling in:

Friday was the 8th annual Cooper Bowden Memorial Golf Tournament.  It was a beautiful day.
I was mostly indoors and didn't get any pictures.  It went great and raised @$10,000 for the foundation.

I got home and grabbed Jena and headed back to Centerpoint Theatre in Centerville.  She is part of the Friend to Friend class which is specifically for people with special needs 15 years and old.  We would have loved to have kept her in the teen class she was in last year but Tuesday is not workable with my school on that day.  She knew several kids already from Special Olympics which makes it fun as well.  In addition, a new friend, Emily who lives near us is going with her which is working out great.

It turned out that the first day they actually did a public performance on the stairs as part of the Fairy Tale Weekend at the theatre.  I gave Jena a choice where she wanted to perform as they were singing a song from last year.  She was willing to give it a go so here she is:

Hairpiece

 
They sang a song for the Little Mermaid
 
A knight in shining armor

 Then Saturday we were up and headed down to the UDSF Davis County Buddy Walk.  Jena and I were the only ones who went this year together.  She couldn't go the next weekend when the State Buddy Walk that I was involved in planning so we came to this one.  It was held in Centerville and had about 350 people.  It was a great event, the weather was fun and they had some fun things to do.

The following week was spent getting ready for the Statewide Buddy Walk which also turned out awesome.  We were planning on 1200 people and ended up with almost 1500--very crazy but very fun.  No pictures yet but I will post some when we get the professional pictures from our photographers.  Our theme was "Everyday Heroes" and we had lots of Law Enforcement displays and also costumes Super Heroes. It was a lot of fun, but I was exhausted by the time we got home.  Thanks to Gary, Jessica, Elessia, Scott, Chantel and Scarlett who all came and helped out with things.

While we were all down in West Jordan, Jena had met the YW and YM from our ward at 6:45 a.m. and headed up to the Dee Events Center at Weber State for the final dress rehearsal and then the performance for the Cultural Day of Celebration for the rededication of the Ogden Temple.  They performed at 1:00.  We were so sad that we had to miss it and hope to see the taped version at some point.  She had a wonderful time.  Pres. Monson was there although he didn't speak. 

Then it was the perfect end of the weekend to go to our Stake Center and take part in the second session of the Temple Rededication.  It was so great to share that with Jena as well. She got to attend the Open House twice, then the Cultural Celebration, and then the Rededication.  Now I am excited for her first time to go do baptisms.

Afterwards Gary and I came home and I think I took a five hour nap--it had been very fast pace every since getting back from Texas.  That is why I didn't write on the blog that Sunday for sure.

No comments: